Geographical Links throughout the County of Cornwall
|Back to Main Index|
|These pages list most of the towns and villages in Cornwall.
Each entry is a brief pen picture of the place (up to 10 lines).
If you are seeking more detailed information
click on the appropriate button at the end of the description.
This will open a new page containing information relevant to the town or village.
Places with names in bold letters within the description have their own entry in these pages.
|Towns and Villages - T|
|THE LIZARD (from the Cornish Lys-ardh probably meaning "high court") is at the southern-most point of the UK mainland and has the most southerly land-based lighthouse. Famous for it's serpentine rock - a very decorative form of granite, which is made into ashtrays, paperweights and other ornamental objects.
|TINTAGEL is on the north coast near Camelford. The post office is believed to be the oldest still standing in Britain. Tintagel Castle is reputed to have been King Arthur's home.
|TORPOINT (from olde English meaning "tail point") is a naval town on the Rame peninsula, across the River Tamar from Devonport (now a suburb of Plymouth). A car ferry runs across the river at regular intervals. It is a modern parish dating from 1873 although the parish church (St James) dates from 1819.
|TREGONY (Pop. 606 in 1971) is a village (and parish) on the River Fal 6½ miles North East of Truro. It is accessed via the A3078 from the A390 to St Mawes.|
|TRESCO (Isles of Scilly) is famous for it's tropical gardens. There is also the remains of Cromwell's Castle.|
|TRURO (in Cornish Truru - meaning unknown) is the county town and the only city in the county. It has a magnificent cathedral with an easily recognisable green copper roof.